In This Section

February 2020 Archives

Marijuana aroma prompted Wisconsin police to enter apartment

Wisconsin police typically need a warrant to enter and search a person's private residence. In fact, if they show up unannounced and request entry to a person's home, the person in question does not have to consent to a search. There are exceptions to the rule, however, such as issues included in Wisconsin Act 79. Police say it was these issues that prompted them to enter a woman's apartment recently after they reportedly smelled a strong odor of marijuana at her door.

Can you challenge the traffic stop that led to your DUI?

Drunk driving charges in Wisconsin can bring serious penalties that can change the course of a person's life. If you are facing an OWI, you would be wise to take your situation seriously, whether it is your first offense or you have other convictions on your record. Building a strong defense strategy is an important step toward fighting for and protecting your future interests.

Put A Strong Ally On Your Side

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response
Krische & Moertel LLC

Firm location:

Krische & Moertel LLC 21 S. Barstow Street, Suite 209 Eau Claire, WI 54701 Phone: 715-318-2737 Eau Claire Law Office Map